- 2012-03-01: Registration for the Gerris users' meeting, 6 June 2012, Wellington, is now open.
- 2011-12-31: Gerris is hottest article in Journal of Computational Physics
- 2011-07-04: Gerris users' meeting, Paris: a success!
- 2011-03-23: Gerris simulations of the 11th March Japanese tsunami.
- 2010-06-02: Award for review article on Gerris' multiphase flow applications
- Selected as one of five Research Highlights of 2009 in Fluid Dynamics Research
- 2009-07-21: Release 09-07-21 of Gerris
- Dynamic load-balancing in parallel and important parallel bug fixes.
- 2009-05-12: Release 12-05-09 of Gerris
- Moving solid boundaries, axisymmetric version, non-linear shallow-water and more...
- 2007-09-26: Gerris finalist for NZ Open Source Awards
- Gerris has been selected as one of the four finalists in the Software Project category.
- 2007-09-18: Release 18-09-07 of Gerris
- New web site, much improved surface tension and VOF scheme and more...
- 2006-04-03: Release 0.9.2 of Gerris
- Big improvements to the Poisson solver and treatment of complex geometries.
- 2006-04-03: Release 0.4.2 of GfsView
- Bug fix for gtk-2.8 and new clipping plane object.