Mac OSX Installation
(Difference between revisions)
|Revision as of 03:01, 11 August 2007
Popinet (Talk | contribs)
(fixed GfsView caps)
← Previous diff
|Revision as of 21:56, 28 October 2007
Zaleski (Talk | contribs)
(corrected some typos in the "sudo fink install ... " command.)
Next diff →
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
|sudo fink install pkgconfig glib gtk+2 gtk+2-dev \||sudo fink install pkgconfig glib gtk+2 gtk+2-dev \|
|-||gtkglext1 startup-notification-shlibs-dev \||+||gtkglext1 startup-notification-dev \|
Revision as of 21:56, 28 October 2007
OS X 10.4 (Intel) Installation
Below are steps that have worked for at least one person, installing Gerris under Mac OS X 10.4 (Intel).
- Install Fink (http://finkproject.org). You will need the Apple development tools installed - this is a free download from http://developer.apple.com/tools/.
- Install various dependencies that Gerris requires.
sudo fink install pkgconfig glib gtk+2 gtk+2-dev \ gtkglext1 startup-notification-dev \ startup-notification-shlib
- Install darcs (needed to obtain the latest version of Gerris, GTS, and GfsView - the packaged versions available on the web do not work). Darcs is not available in Fink either.
- Download the DMG from http://glozer.net/darcs/, and mount it.
- From the DMG, Drag GMP.Framework into /Library/Frameworks.
- From the DMG, put the 'darcs' executable wherever you wish (e.g. /usr/local/bin).
- From a suitable folder, obtain the latest versions of GTS, Gerris, and GfsView.
darcs get http://gfs.sf.net/darcs/gerris/gerris-stable darcs get http://gts.sf.net/darcs/gts-mainline darcs get http://gfs.sourceforge.net/darcs/gfsview/gfsview-mainline
- We will install these in /opt/gerris to keep them isolated from the rest of the system. This requires /opt/gerris/lib/pkgconfig to be added to your PKG_CONFIG_PATH. This directory does not exist yet - it will be created in the next step.
echo "export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/opt/gerris/lib/pkgconfig" >> ~/.profile
- Compile and install GTS, Gerris and GfsView.
cd gts-mainline sh autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gerris make && make install cd ../gerris-stable sh autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gerris make && make install cd ../gfsview-mainline sh autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gerris make && make install
- Add Gerris to your path, and you're done.
echo "export PATH=$PATH:/opt/gerris/bin" >> ~/.profile
If we want to generate MPEG movies using ppm2mpeg we will need ffmpeg which is not available in Fink stable, so we must install it manually.
- Download the latest SVN snapshot from http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg-export-snapshot.tar.bz2
- Unpack and install it.
tar -xvjf ffmpeg-export-snapshot.tar.bz2 cd ffmpeg-export-<insert date here> ./configure --prefix=/opt/gerris make && make install