Gerris release notes/0.9.2
The most significant improvements in this release are:
- Important bug fixes and improvements for the multilevel Poisson solver can reduce the overall computational cost by a factor of five or more depending on the problem.
- Variable mesh resolution along solid boundaries is now allowed and has been well tested (note however that time-adaptive variable resolution is not allowed on solid boundaries yet).
- The robustness of the solution procedure has been much improved in the case of very complex solid boundaries.
Other improvements include:
- Debian package snapshots.
- Adaptive refinement of VOF-advected tracers.
- Solid boundaries can be refined according to the local curvature.
- Implicit Coriolis terms work with the Navier-Stokes solver.
- Support for "thin" 3D domains.
- Several bug fixes for special cases of solid boundaries.
- Bug fixes for "GfsAdapt" events.